Terms and Conditions
4. Scope of Service
Through our Website, you can receive instant predictive offers from both undergraduate or postgraduate university courses. You can then proceed to make an application to the University of interest.
By making an application through Adventus Education, you do not enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the University at which you apply. From the point at which you make your application, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the university, transmitting the details of your application to the relevant University.
Our services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g., spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on our Website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
5. Accuracy of Information
When providing our services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by University/College directly or obtained through their websites. Adventus Education believes but does not guarantee that all of the information that appears on the Website or in any e-mail or other alerts of communications provided in the connections with the Website is accurate. We cannot be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information.
6. Third Party Links
Our Website may contain links to other websites (“Third Party Links”) that we provide solely as a convenience to you during your use of the Website. Adventus Education does not endorse such websites and is not responsible for any content contained therein. Any access to Third Party Links should be at your own discretion and risk.
Adventus Education makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of our Website or the information, content, materials or products included on our Websites, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws.
Neither Adventus Education, nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages arising out of, or in relation to, the use of our Websites. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages suffers, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information
Effective: 1 April 2019
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to responsibly handling your personal data taking all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and to keep it secure. We believe it is important to inform you about how we will use your personal data and we encourage you to read this policy carefully. You can find information about how, whether, and why we collect and use your personal information on our Website. We have divided the Policy into different sections.
Who We Are
Personal Information We Collect
How we collect your information
How we use your information
How We Share Your Data
Purpose of processing Your Data
Important notice in relation to fraudulent documentation
Security of your information
Accuracy, access, and correction
What to do if you have a complaint
How to contact us
Adventus Education is a global digital platform that streamlines the International Student Recruitment process.
Our office is based in Australia and have satellite offices worldwide.
Adventus Education Pty Ltd, Level 4 152 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3000 is responsible for using your personal data, together with other related Adventus Education companies. Adventus Education and the other related Adventus Education company will be referred to hereafter as ‘Adventus Education’ or ‘we.’
Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
We collect the personal data necessary for us to provide you with the services you have requested from us, and to manage your Adventus Education application (jointly referred to as “Personal Data”). You do not have to provide us with your personal data, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services.
By disclosing personal data to Adventus Education, you are consenting to its collection. If Adventus Education receives unsolicited personal data about you, this personal data may be included in your Adventus Education application. This may include personal or sensitive information that Adventus Education could not have solicited from you. Adventus Education may choose to destroy unsolicited personal data about you that is not relevant to Adventus Education’s functions.
The personal data that you are currently required to provide to lodge a Adventus Education application includes:
- full name (including any previous name(s))
- address(es) (including any previous address(es))
- date of birth
- email address
- telephone number(s)
- qualification information
- citizenship/residency status
- English proficiency
Adventus Education also collects additional statistical and demonstrate data:
- highest education level of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- language spoken at home
- country of birth
- year of arrival in Australia
- number and gender of parent(s)/guardian(s).
You also currently have the option of providing other personal data including:
- current or previous employment details
- professional certifications and memberships
- details of an authorized person
- sensitive information (including health information) when seeking special consideration in relation to any of Adventus Education’s services.
From time to time you may have the option to participate in surveys or other activities intended to improve Adventus Education’s Services, which may involve providing additional personal data. Your participation in such activities is subject to your consent.
We may collect your information in various ways, including but not limited to:
- Adventus Education application and website
- written correspondence
- in person
- via social media
Whenever possible, Adventus Education will collect your personal data directly from you. However, in some situations, Adventus Education will collect information that may include your personal data from a third party. These third parties include:
- institutions, including secondary institutions, where you have studied or where Adventus Education reasonably believes you may have studied
- Authorities that Adventus Education reasonably believes may hold results pertinent to your application
- Government bodies, departments, and agents
- Admission centers
- third party verification services
In addition, by providing the details of an authorized person to Adventus Education (such as an agent), you are consenting to the collection of your personal data from your authorized person.
We only use your personal data for the purpose for which it was provided to us, related purposes, purposes for which you consent, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Such purposes include:
- provision of information about any of Adventus Education’s services that may be relevant to you
- provision of information about institution services which may be relevant to you
- responding to your inquiries
- to identify you when you log into Adventus Education’s online services or otherwise contact Adventus Education
- providing you with services you have requested
- processing your Adventus Education application to determine your eligibility for courses
- advising you about subject prerequisites
- maintaining/administering your application
- processing payments you have authorized
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information.
We will only use your sensitive information for the purposes for which it was initially collected, other directly related purposes or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
Where appropriate we may disclose your personal data to third parties as required to process your Adventus Education application or to provide you with other services.
In addition, by providing the details of an authorized person to Adventus Education, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal data to your authorized person.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties including:
- institutions that participate in Adventus Education
- institutions, including Secondary institutions, where you have studied or where Adventus Education reasonably believes you may have studied
- mail centers and other similar service providers
- Government bodies, departments, agents
On occasion, Adventus Education may disclose your personal data to entities located outside Australia in order to process your Adventus Education application or to provide you with other services. You acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your information to these entities outside of Australia, Adventus Education will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient’s compliance with privacy laws in relation to your information, and we will not be liable to you for any breach of privacy laws by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
We will only disclose your sensitive information for the purposes for which it was initially collected, other directly related purposes, purposes to which you consent, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Adventus Education is allowed to process personal data for this purpose to pursue its own legitimate interests or those of the educational institutions; with the legitimate interests being Adventus Education to be able to communicate with you for providing the best service it can to align you with the educational institutions of your choice.
- Personalize your visit to our website (as a cookie allows a web server to ‘remember’ visitors on subsequent visits without having to prompt them for information previously supplied. A cookie can also remember courses previously viewed by a site visitor)
- Provide information about Adventus Education to you while you browse
- Obtain non-identifying information about your demographic group and general interests.
We will take reasonable steps (including any measures required by law) to ensure your information is protected and secure.
For any payments you make via our websites, over the telephone or face to face, we use a recognized payment service provider that is required to take reasonable steps to protect your information. We also take reasonable precautions to ensure that any information you provide to us through our websites is transferred securely.
However, no data protection and security measures are completely secure. Despite all the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your information, particularly in relation to transmissions over the internet. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. You must take care to ensure you protect your information (for example, by protecting your Adventus Education user names and passwords) and you should notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
Our online Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself. Your parent or guardian should contact Adventus Education and provide us with their name, e-mail address and any other identifying information that we may request. Adventus Education needs this information in order to verify that they have provided the necessary consent. We may follow up by phone or other means in some circumstances. If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, do not contact us or provide us with any personal data until after your parent or guardian has sent us an e-mail consenting to your contact and provision of such information.
Adventus Education retains your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to complete your application, send you the newsletters you subscribed to, to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems, etc.), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
If you have created an Adventus Education account with us, we will delete that account and your personal data upon your request or 30 days after it has become inactive. We will consider your account ‘inactive’ when you haven’t used your Adventus Education account for a period of 2 years. Before your account becomes inactive, we will notify you to use your Adventus Education account to prevent your account from being inactive. When we cancel your account, your personal data will be deleted. If we need to store certain types of your personal data for a longer period due to legal requirements, we will store such data in accordance with the mandatory periods.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data: right to be informed, right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against automated decision making and profiling and your right to data portability. If you would like to contact us regarding any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com
To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights, and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims).
Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings. Adventus Education will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect and hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your information or corrections required to the information we hold about you. You can notify us of a change to your information in the following ways:
- telephone: 1300 083 439
- email: email@example.com
- in person: Level 4, 152 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3000
- written correspondence: Attn: Privacy Officer, GPO BOX 270, Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA, 3001
Adventus Education will, upon request, provide you with access to the personal data we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. Access to personal data must be made in writing by completing a Privacy Enquiry/Complaint Form. A service fee may be charged for retrieving and sending the information to you. If you require another means of accessing your personal data Adventus Education will facilitate this request as long as it is reasonable.
- telephone: 1300 083 439
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- written correspondence: Attn: Privacy Officer, GPO BOX 270, Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA, 3001
We will refer your complaint to the responsible officer at Adventus Education, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the determination in relation to your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
The Website may contain links to other websites (“Third Party Links”) that we provide solely as a convenience to you during your use of the Website. Adventus Education does not endorse such websites and is not responsible for any content contained therein. If you decide to access any Third Party Links, you do so entirely at your own risk.
I understand that an institution may rescind any offer made to me, without reason, prior to my final enrolment in the course.
I agree that Adventus Education may:
- contact me to provide information about my application and other goods or services that may be relevant to me;
- disclose my personal data to institutions where I have applied for admission to enable those institutions to communicate with me directly about goods and services which may be relevant to me;
- disclose my personal data to institutions participating in Adventus Education to which I may not have applied for admissions, to allow those institutions to perform analysis of application and enrolment;
- use my personal and sensitive information to perform analysis of application and enrolment patterns, and to conduct other research beneficial to Adventus Education or the higher education sector;
- store, use and disclose my personal and sensitive information to assess future applications that I may make through Adventus Education or to institutions that use Adventus Education as an admissions agent;
- disclose my sensitive information to institutions where I have applied for admission for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the sensitive information was collected by Adventus Education, including to enable communication with me about directly-related services;
- disclose my personal data to the extent necessary to investigate a reasonable suspicion that I have provided false, incorrect or misleading information to Adventus Education; and
If Adventus Education finds that I have provided false, incorrect or misleading information, I acknowledge Adventus Education may:
- cancel my application, including forfeiture of all fees paid;
- exclude me from lodging an Adventus Education application or accessing other Adventus Education services for a period of up to two years;
- advise institutions, where I have applied for admission that I have provided false, incorrect or misleading information to Adventus Education, which may result in the withdrawal of any tertiary offers, made and other action as deemed appropriate by the institution; and
- advise other providers of entry to tertiary education (including higher education providers and tertiary admissions centers) that I have provided false, incorrect or misleading information to Adventus Education.